How to grow apple trees
Growing apple trees from a single seed is an easy task once you know how the germination process is done. When germination occurs the seed will sprout and then you may plant them into a plastic container with black earth for growth.
This is a great pastime for the amateur to the professional apple growers due to their passion and dedication. It is miraculous to see the growth of delicious apples especially when you are the one who nursed it since birth.
Why not plant apple trees in your own back yard or town house outside the city. In fact if you have a large piece of land, why not fill it up with apple trees. Think of that extra value you bring if ever you decide to sell the property.
The opportunity for you to save or make money is there, just grab it and learn quickly how easy this is. You save money growing your own little orchard by simply gifting your apples to friends and family members or selling them at a reasonable price.
Even simply consuming the apples yourself and for the family is a perfect example of saving money. Think of the thousands of dollars you save in a life time.
You know that apples at the local super market go anywhere from $.99 to $1.99 per pound. What about picking the freshest and crunchiest apples from the orchard.
Here in Canada, apple growers now charge an astounding $15 per bag. Getting to be pretty expensive considering that just a few years ago it was at $10. Point is the price increase is due to the fact that there is no competition.
The possibility of making money with this niche alone is great because people are realizing that you can plant your own apple tree to have a life time of apples. I mean the competition in the real world is very low. Even when you search online, competition is next to none.
Selling baby apple trees online can be done using sites like UsFreeads.com or Craigslist.com, any other websites that offer free advertising platforms will do.
You may wonder why I chose this niche to make money. The simple truth is there is room for many people to make a start up business with apple growing. It is very easy to implement as a pastime or as a business part or full time. Either way, you will have nothing but positive results at the end.
Here Is How It’s Done
- First you must carefully extract the apple seeds from the apple without damaging it. Preferably fresh apples picked locally.
- Let it dry at room temperature for a couple of days.
- Take a plastic container and add a damp paper towel at the bottom.
- Put 15 to 20 apple seeds inside your container.
- Add another damp paper towel to cover your apple seeds and refrigerate your container.
- After 2 to 3 weeks, your apple seeds will sprout roots. Note that approximately 30% of the seeds will sprout. Paper towel must always be damp so cover your plastic container with a lid.
- For each sprouted seeds, plant it into a container filled with black earth. Let it grow at least 2 feet tall before planting in your garden.
This is how you grow apple tree’s from a simple seed. The final step is grafting your apple tree so that it grows the right kind of apples such as Macintosh, Courtland or others.
This is an easy step and all will be explained at my blog mentioned below. Hope you enjoyed it.
58 total views, 3 today