Not so long ago selling a house was possible only through a real estate agent. This was mainly because there was no way for sellers and buyers to connect directly. And, the real estate agents would charge an exorbitant sum for providing their services in form of commission. But thanks to the internet, there are new ways of communication that have powered property sellers for selling a house privately.
What does selling a house on the internet imply?
These days we look towards the internet for all our needs. In the real estate sector, buyers no longer rely only on real estate agents to find a home for them. They search online for homes. The internet provides them the convenience of searching homes from the comfort of their home. They can also filter the listings according to their preferences such as the location, number of rooms, budget, etc. This helps them shortlist properties easily. They only need to visit properties that they have shortlisted. Therefore the entire process of finding a home saves their efforts, time and money.
If you are a seller and know that buyers are looking online to buy a property, then it definitely makes sense to channelize your efforts towards listing it on property portals. You can easily eliminate the agent from the process and sell it online.
While selling a house privately it is important to understand the role of a real estate agent. An agent essentially markets your property; arranges viewings of your property with potential buyers; negotiates the price and closes the deal.
The internet offers you a great platform to market your house.
All that you need to do to sell your property privately is:
• Price your house accurately. You can seek the services of a professional property appraiser for accurate pricing.
• Identify the property listing websites where you will list your house.
• List it on the site by uploading a description of your property.
• To give the potential buyers a clear idea of your house, upload attractive photographs.
• Uploading a virtual tour of the house is also beneficial.
• Once the potential buyers view the property online, they will directly connect with you.
• You can arrange the viewing of the house.
• Once a buyer is finalized, negotiate the price of the property.
• You can sell it without an agent easily.
Therefore, selling a house privately is not as complicated as it seems. It just requires some dedicated efforts. And, you will realize that a little bit of legwork does not hurt especially if there is so much to gain.
79 total views, 1 today